Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today Should Be Going Fast but. . .

it's not.

Today is a really short day at the office for me because I have an errand for the office to run as well as a company event, therefore it should be going by fast. But it's not and I cannot figure out why.

I even did little things today that take up time- ate breakfast, I already ate lunch, and even checked my fav blogs . . . there is not much new gossip aka a slow news day, so reading through them went quicker than usual.

I even checked out one of my new favorite author's website, www.kristinariggle.net. Her debut novel, Real Life and Liars, is a must read for anyone who has a complicated family (that would probably be about 90% of the population). It's told from four different perspectives- the mother (the "wilted flower" hippie heroine), the responsible-alpha female daughter/sister, the unhappy-musician wannabe son/brother, and the young-wild-insecure youngest daughter/sister. It's solidly written with main and supporting characters all developing nicely and appropriately.

I also enjoyed reading her short stories that are online. Check her out if you have time.

Go buy Real Life and Liars if you need a good book about life and love (yes, I know that sounds cliche but I swear the book isn't).

No comments: